VIENNA – Vietnam’s Autopetro 2006 motor show held last week in Ho Chi Minh City underlines the increasing influence of Chinese vehicle makers in the country. While most local assemblers of European, Japanese and South Korean cars did not participate this year, a number of Chinese vehicles were shown. Several Vietnamese companies already are assembling Chinese cars and commercial vehicles, while other projects are in the works. Xuan Kien Vinaxuki, a local company that assembles vehicles ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Vietnam Auto Show Underlines Chinese Influence" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.