Demand for vehicles in Vietnam is forecast to reach 145,000 units by 2005 and 256,000 by 2010, says the Industrial Strategy and Policy Institute. Light trucks, touring cars and inter-province and passenger buses, still imported from other countries, lead demand. Vietnam now has 11 automotive production joint ventures, which together have the capacity to turn out 148,200 units annually. However, JVs last year only produced 42,557 units, or 27.5% of capacity. Meanwhile, domestic, non ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Vietnam Vehicle Demand Set to Surge" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.