Airbags may be the most significant safety development since the seatbelt. But they certainly don’t make life easy for interior designers, who struggle to integrate the equipment in their instrument panels (IPs) without sacrificing style. Federal safety regulations require that all airbags placed inside door panels, seats, steering wheels and IPs be identified by the “SRS” (Safety Restraint System) label. On the IP, the seam surrounding the door that conceals the airbag can be a major ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Visteon Debuts Seamless Airbag" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.