PARIS – European auto makers are encouraging Visteon Corp. to develop an electrically powered supercharging system that will improve performance of small engines. Visteon's VTES in a 1.2L Fiat engine The supercharger is needed because internal combustion engine/electric hybrids – and the 42-volt systems that will power them – for the most part remain just out of reach. Visteon engineers are working with customers on engine projects for 2005-2006 that will use the Visteon ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Visteon Develops Supercharger to Enhance Small Engine Performance" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.