DETROIT — Visteon Corp. says it will produce its innovative new lightweight “Slip-in-Tube” (SIT) driveshaft for a 2003 fullsize van for global markets. Company officials will not identify the vehicle, except to say it is used for cargo and passenger applications. The Ford Econoline van, incidentally, is being redesigned, likely for '03, sources say. One Visteon plant is being prepared for the new product. Visteon engineers consider the SIT concept to be a quantum leap for driveshaft ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Visteon launches new propshaft design" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.