VIENNA — OAO GAZ and Fiat SpA are considering using a Lancia platform for a future front-wheel-drive Volga, says Nikolay Pugin, president of GAZ. GAZ is looking at the 841 platform for its upcoming Volga 3103, the same platform expected to be used on the next-generation Lancia Kappa due in 2001. The front-wheel-drive Volga was shown in prototype form last year at the Moscow auto show. A production startup date has not been announced but may come after 2002. Fiat and GAZ currently have an ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volga may share Lancia platform" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.