MUMBAI – After waiting for seven years, German car maker Volkswagen AG finally is coming to India. VW has identified Golf (above), Bora and Passat for India It will invest $300 million in a small greenfield manufacturing facility at a location in Rajasthan, in northwest India. The auto maker’s earlier efforts to tie up with light bus and truck maker Eicher Motors Ltd. did not materialize due to differences over the equity structure. There also was some hesitation over ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen Coming to India" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.