BRATISLAVA, Slovakia – Volkswagen Slovakia a.s. may construct a third plant in Slovakia, in addition to its main factory in Bratislava, which produces cars and transmissions, and a smaller component plant in Martin, Central Slovakia. The new plant is needed for machining of castings made at Rautenbach Slovakia s.r.o. in Ziar nad Hronom, a subsidiary of the German supplier Rautenbach-Guss Wernigerode GmbH. VW Slovakia previously had selected a brownfield plant site in Rimavska Sobota, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen Considers Third Slovak Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.