Volkswagen AG’s financial performance in 2002 fell below initial expectations. The company’s net profits dipped 11% to €2.6 billion ($2.78 billion) from a much-ballyhooed €2.9 billion ($3.10 billion) in 2001. Total revenue for the VW Group fell 1.8% to €86.9 billion ($92.3 billion) from the €88.5 billion ($94 billion) level reported in like-2001. Total vehicle deliveries slipped from 5.1 million in 2001 to 4.98 million in 2002. Return on sales dropped from the benchmark 5% to 4.6% during ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen Faces Challenges As New Leadership Takes Over" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.