VIENNA – Volkswagen Russia and GAZ will build more than 100,000 vehicles annually together in Russia, under a memorandum of understanding signed today. Full-scale production of VW and Skoda cars, including welding, painting and final assembly operations, will be put in place at GAZ’s passenger-car facility in Nizhny Novgorod. VW will provide product-specific tooling and equipment, as well as training for some 2,500 GAZ employees expected to be involved in the project. The German auto ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen, GAZ to Link on Car Production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.