VIENNA – Volkswagen AG officially celebrates the opening of its new OOO Volkswagen Rus plant in Grabtsevo on the outskirts of Kaluga, some 100 miles (160 km) southwest of Moscow. The project, kicked off on Oct. 28, 2006, with the laying of the plant’s foundation stone, represents a total investment of more than €500 million ($738 million). The production launch comes on the heels of an announcement that the Volkswagen brand will benefit from a €9.5 billion ($14 billion) investment over ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen Inaugurates Russian Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.