SAO PAULO – Volkswagen AG is creating a program for Brazilian employees to suggest ways to reduce costs, called Programa Paraticipe and Banco de Talentos. Thomas Schmall, director of the Audi AG/VW plant in metro Curitiba, meanwhile, has assembled 20 teams to reduce costs, varying from drinking water to placement of screws in the Golf and Audi vehicles produced there. Already, drinking water costs have been reduced by 85%. Overall savings from the program, so far, amounts to $7 million ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen Initiates Innovative Program to Cut Costs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.