German carmaker Volkswagen AG says it will build its new Microbus passenger vehicle at its plant in Hanover, Germany. The German city beat out Palmela, Portugal, for the the Passat-based van program and will benefit from 1,500 new jobs. (see related story:AutoEuropa Future Uncertain as Microbus Heads for Hanover) Production is slated to begin in 2005, VW says.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen to Launch Microbus in 2005" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.