MUMBAI – Volkswagen India Ltd. says it may produce its New Beetle small car in India once sales pass 2,000 units annually. The auto maker launched sales of the car here in December, equipped with a 2.0L gasoline engine and 6-speed automatic transmission. The luxury small car has many advanced safety features, compared with other similar-sized vehicles available in India, as well as 15-in. alloy wheels as standard equipment. With a power output of 115 hp and 127 lb.-ft. (172 Nm) of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen May Build New Beetle in India" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.