POLKOWICE, Poland – Volkswagen Motor Polska Sp. z.o.o., the Polish engine plant wholly owned by Volkswagen AG, reaches a new milestone, manufacturing the 2 millionth engine at its facility here. The plant, which began production in 1999, built some 510,000 diesel engines in 2003. Its main product is the 1.9L TDI 4-cyl. diesel, which is shipped to a number of VW Group plants. VW-Poland’s 2L diesel mainly is used in Polish-built Caddy model. In addition to the 1.9L engine, the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen Motor Polska Reaches Milestone" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.