BRATISLAVA, Slovakia – Volkswagen Slovakia confirms plans for a stamping plant at its vehicle-assembly site here. The auto maker will spend E85 million ($124 million) on the press shop, which will measure 207,121 sq.-ft. (19,242 sq.-m) and create 100 new jobs. Construction work will get under way later this year, with launch of volume production scheduled for third-quarter 2013. Currently, Volkswagen Slovakia sources a significant portion of stamped parts from Magna International’s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen Plans Stamping Plant in Slovakia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.