Volkswagen AG has an assembly agreement in Malaysia, but it isn’t with Proton Holdings Bhd. After years of fruitless on-off talks with the national car maker about local assembly, VW has turned to conglomerate DRB-Hicom Bhd. DRB-Hicom tells the Malaysian Stock Exchange it has signed a memorandum of understanding with the German auto maker to begin assembly next year. “VW AG intends to grant DRB-Hicom the rights to manufacture and assemble complete-knocked-down models of Volkswagen ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen Reaches Deal for Malaysian Assembly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.