DETROIT – Volkswagen AG recalls 324,000 ’99-’01-model Jettas, Golfs and New Beetles sold in the U.S. due to a faulty oxygen sensor. The sensor can cause greater emissions than allowed for under U.S. law. Most of the vehicles were built at VW’s Puebla, Mexico, plant. Another 46,000 vehicles sold in Canada also may be recalled.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen Recalls Three Vehicles" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.