SHANGHAI — Shanghai Volkswagen Automotive Co. Ltd. denies reports in the Chinese media that the leading automotive joint venture plans to stop producing its popular Santana model line by 2005. A company spokesman says the Santana models have continued to enjoy the biggest share in the country's car market and that the Santana still is the company's main product line. Shanghai-VW recently introduced new models to its lineup. But not only won't Shanghai-VW be dropping the model, it has no ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen says it plans to keep Santanas on the road" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.