VIENNA – Volkswagen Slovakia a.s. is set to launch a 7-days-a-week production schedule at its plant in Bratislava, effective Sept. 2. The measure will be kept in place until mid-2011, officials say. The facility manufactured vehicles on a 7-day cycle prior to the global economic crisis. Volkswage Slovakia currently operates three shifts on a 5-day schedule and employs about 6,500 workers. Under the new plant, the auto maker will hire 1,000 new employees for full-time production on a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen Slovakia to Begin 7-Day Production in September" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.