BRATISLAVA, Slovakia – Volkswagen Slovakia a.s. in April will launch serial production of the hybrid version of the new-generation VW Touareg cross/utility vehicle at its plant here. The auto maker began volume production of the conventionally powered, second-generation Touareg at the end of January. The last first-generation Touareg left the factory March 23. The new Touareg is said to have a higher local content than its predecessor, although VW Slovakia declines to provide specific ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen Slovakia to Begin Touareg Hybrid Output" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.