ENSENADA, Mexico – With many OEM-backed racing efforts largely irrelevant to the production of road-going vehicles, Volkswagen of America Inc.’s recent TDI clean-diesel entry in the Baja 1000 caps an action-packed motorsports season aimed at fortifying the performance and efficiency benefits of one of the auto maker’s core technologies. Unveiled last month at the Los Angeles auto show before being shipped down to the staging area here for the 631-mile (1,015-km) race around Mexico’s Baja ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen TDI Fights for Desert Supremacy" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.