Volkswagen AG, Toyota Motor Corp. and DaimlerChrysler AG Chrysler Group’s Jeep brand all fell victim to recalls this week in the U.S. VW is calling back 311,047 ’98-’00 Passats and ’97-’99 Jettas for possible problems with the fuel tank filler neck, which could be damaged from a tire blowout. VW also is recalling 55,000 New Beetles, Jettas and Golfs built from October 2000 through October 2001 due to a possible electrical short in antilock brake control units that could cause a fire. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen, Toyota and Jeep Recalling Vehicles" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.