Now in its 17th year, the Ward’s 10 Best Engines competition breaks new ground by folding in an entirely new category of propulsion system: electric vehicles. 2011 Ward’s 10 Best Engines Nominees Returning winners and applications tested 2.0L turbo I-4 – Audi A4 Avant 3.0L supercharged V-6 – Audi S4 3.0L I-6 turbodiesel – BMW 335d 3.5L EcoBoost V-6 – Ford Taurus SHO 2.5L I-4 HEV – Ford Fusion Hybrid 2.4L Ecotec I-4 – Chevrolet Equinox 4.6L Tau V-8 – Hyundai Genesis 2.5L turbo H-4 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volt, Leaf Electrify Best Engines Competition" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.