FRANKFURT – Volvo Car touts its Concept You, recently unveiled at the Frankfurt auto show, as a signal of its future Scandinavian design direction. But what’s under the skin may reveal more about the auto maker’s future. Volvo says the Concept You fullsize sedan reveals how its new Scalable Platform Architecture opens up design possibilities and offers technological and industry advantages. SPA allows the auto maker to build both medium to large cars on the same production line. It also ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volvo to Adopt Scalable Platform Architecture" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.