AB Volvo agrees to a deal with a Chinese partner to form a heavy-duty-truck-making joint venture in Jinan, Shandong province, following nine years of negotiations. Under the terms of the agreement, Volvo and China National Heavy-Duty Truck Corp. will invest $193.4 million in the venture, called Jinan Huawao Truck Co. Ltd., and each will hold a 50% stake. The venture will produce Volvo Fl6, FM9 and FM12 trucks, engines and spare parts. "China has developed into a strategically ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volvo Agrees to Heavy-Duty Truck Venture in China" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.