STOCKHOLM — “I have a pretty clear idea of what I would like to do with Volvo cars,” says Hans-Olov Olsson, president of Volvo Car Corp. Olsson says that Ford Motor Co. has made such a big commitment to Volvo that even if it were to buy another prestige car company, such as BMW AG, Volvo would continue to receive full support for growing the brand from Dearborn. Olsson made the remark at a recent press preview in Sweden for the S60 sedan that will be launched in Europe this month and in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volvo chief confident of brand's future under Ford" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.