SAO PAULO -- AB Volvo may build medium-size trucks, from 9 tons to 16 tons, in Brazil at its factory in Curitiba, Parana, says Peter Karlsten, president of Volvo in Brazil. The company currently has a 28% market in heavy trucks. "This is a very interesting market, which sells nearly 25,000 units per year, but is also very competitive,” Karlsten says. Volvo currently produces medium-size trucks in Europe, expanding its share there after buying Renault SA’s truck division. Karlsten ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volvo Considers Brazil's Midsize Truck Market" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.