Henric Otto, who led the design team that created the new Volvo S40 and V50, resigns his position at Volvo Car Corp. to take a job as senior vice president of global design at Swedish appliance manufacturer Electrolux. Otto spent 12 years with Volvo and took over as design chief two years ago when he replaced Peter Horbury, who heads North American design for parent Ford Motor Co. A Volvo Car spokesman in Gothenburg, Sweden, says Otto "got a job offer that he found challenging, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volvo Design Chief Resigns" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.