ANTWERP, Belgium –Volvo Cars will announce Sept. 26 a 2-part, 1,076,391 sq.-ft (100,000 sq.-m) expansion of its assembly plant in Gent, Belgium, Ward’s learns. The first phase of the plan involves a 215,278 sq.-ft. (20,000 sq.-m) addition slated to be completed in spring 2007 with the remaining 861,112 sq.-ft. (80,000 sq.-m) to be completed sometime in 2008. The additional space will be used for production of forthcoming models, including the Volvo C30, which is making its official debut ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volvo to Expand Gent Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.