GENT, Belgium – Activity at the Volvo Cars assembly plant here is at a fever pitch as workers begin production of the new S40 sedan. The startup marks the culmination of a €370 million ($424 million) investment in the facility and the beginning of the biggest challenge: selling an all-new product in a relatively weak global auto market. As daunting as the task may be, Volvo believes the new S40 will be a hit. The new car marks the first time the Swedish auto maker has worked closely with ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volvo Gent Begins New S40 Assembly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.