Ford Motor Co.’s Swedish subsidiary Volvo Car is forming a new joint venture to develop and make all-wheel-drive systems with two suppliers in Sweden. Volvo will own 40% of the operation, while Getrag Dana Holding, a JV between Dana Corp. and Getrag GmbH, will own 60%. The companies will invest SK1.5 billion ($177 million) in the JV in Koping, Sweden, between 2004-2006. Curt Germundsson, Volvo's production manager at the Koping manual transmission plant, says the facility will become ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volvo, Getrag, Dana in AWD JV" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.