SHANGHAI — Volvo Bus Corp. succeeds in winning Chinese government approval for its proposed bus joint venture in Shanghai, just one month before its letter of intent expires. Volvo's bus-making project, an equal JV with Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp., represents a total investment of US$97 million. The new company, which has a registered capital of US$54.2 million, is expected to become China's largest bus-manufacturing base. The newly established JV, named Shanghai Sun Win Bus Co., ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volvo gets approval for Shanghai bus-making venture" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.