PARIS — Ford Motors Co.'s Volvo Car Corp. will continue using the S, V and C designations for its cars despite a ruling from a German court that the letters belong to DaimlerChrysler AG's Mercedes-Benz Div. “We will appeal the court ruling, and have no plans at the moment to change the way we name our cars,” a Volvo spokesman says. “Until we see what a higher court might say, our plans are to continue as usual. Even if Mercedes will have the right on its side in the highest court, then it ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volvo to keep names despite ruling" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.