SAO PAULO – AB Volvo says it may build a light truck at its factory in Curitiba, Parana, Brazil, where it plans to invest $100 million over a 3-year period. Executives aren’t doling out any details concerning the truck or timing, but insiders say plans are in an advanced stage. Unlike most other vehicle manufacturers here, Volvo has posted profits in each of the last three years. “We need profitability in our operations to continue investing in products and services,” notes ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volvo May Enter Light Truck Sector in Brazil" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.