With the U.S. launch of two Dutch-built models that go on sale in late summer, Volvo Cars of North America Inc. moves a giant step closer to its target of doubling unit sales by 2004. The importer, now a part of Ford Motor Co.'s Premier Automobile Group, is shooting for annual sales of 200,000 vehicles in North America within five years, up from the 110,000-unit tally of 1998, when the target originally was set (see Ward's Automotive Reports — Dec. 7, '98, p.3). This year, VCNA expects ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volvo: New S/V 40 to Lead Expansion" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.