FRANKFURT – Volvo Cars is planning a highline coupe – situated in the market above the soon-to-be-retired C70 – powered by a 400-hp, 4L DOHC V-8, Ward’s has learned. Sources insist the numbers are spot on, even though it means the engine is producing 100 hp per liter, a high-performance specific output atypical for Volvo – unless the Volvo V-8 is turbocharged, of course. Given Volvo owner Ford Motor Co.'s desire for auto makers comprising its Premium Automotive Group to increasingly ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volvo Packing V-8 Rumored" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.