LAGUNA BEACH, CA – Putting a V-8 engine in a vehicle for the first time means Volvo Cars is entering new markets and targeting buyers different from typical safety-conscious Volvo owners. “We’re still the same company, we’re just appealing to wider groups of people,” says John Neu, manager-product development for Volvo Cars of North America (VCNA). That includes consumers who want the power of a V-8 rather than the smaller engines that have been under Volvo hoods until now. (See ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volvo Pitches to Wider Audience" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.