WASHINGTON – Unlike many luxury auto brands, Volvo Cars North America says it has no aspirations to become a tier one luxury marque, on par with the likes of Mercedes-Benz or BMW. All-wheel-drive S80 to expand Volvo’s reach in near-luxury market. The auto maker says it plans to expand its product breadth in the coming years, but has no intention for Volvo to become all things to all people. “The goal is to be premium. Premium often times gets mixed up with luxury and there’s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volvo to Remain Niche Player" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.