FRANKFURT â€“ A 220-hp T5 version looks set to head a strong lineup when the wraps come off Volvo Cars' new S40 at the Frankfurt auto show in September. The new S40â€”and next year's V50 wagon version â€“ are the first all-new Volvo models developed since Ford Motor Co. bought the Swedish auto maker in 1999. Ford, Mazda Motor Corp. and Volvo all contributed to the creation of Ford's new C1 platform that, at its peak, could total a massive 1.6 million Focus, Mazda3 and S40 variants annually. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volvoâ€™s All-New S40 to Showcase Ford Global Synergies" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.