NEW YORK — Assembly of the Volvo S60 sedan began a slow ramp up in early August at the company plant in Ghent, Belgium. Volvo has scheduled 75 jobs for the first week, says Jan-Inge Eliasson, the automaker's technical director. Some 150 cars were assembled in the first week, rising to 200 cars the following week until the target of 1,800 units per week is reached in eight weeks. About 20,000 S60s will be sold this year, and Volvo's goal is to sell more than 100,000 units worldwide in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volvo S60 marks third model preview so far this year" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.