Almost totally revamped, Volvo Cars' '01 Cross Country all-wheel-drive wagon that bows in U.S. showrooms Aug. 1 is expected to account for 18% of Volvo's worldwide 2000 sales and nearly one-third of V70 sales in North America. This second-generation of the Cross Country comes just three years after the vehicle was first introduced in 1997. Volvo was able to accomplish this fast change because the new Cross Country and V70 wagon is based on the S80 platform. Volvo says the Cross Country's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volvo Set to Launch New Cross Country" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.