NEW YORK – Volvo Car Co. is mulling the use of a Yamaha Motor Co. Ltd. V-8 for its next-generation S80. The information was carried on the rogue Volvospy website and a company spokesman declines to confirm the report. However, Ward's has learned that an engineering team is investigating use of the Yamaha engine so that Volvo's flagship model might better compete with cars such as the BMW 5-Series and Mercedes E-Class. Fuel economy and environmental standards would be a vital part of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volvo Studies V-8 for S80" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.