Swedish carmaker AB Volvo is achieving its goal of increasing penetration in the luxury sedan market with its S80 model, says Bengt Banck, senior project manager for the vehicle. Mr. Banck says Volvo's Torslanda, Sweden, plant will build 80,000 S80s this year and could increase production if the economy stays healthy and the marketplace demands more. Since the car was launched on Sept. 15, more than 14,000 S80s have been sold worldwide, including more than 8,000 in North America. Mr. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volvo Targets 80,000 S80 Sales Worldwide in '99" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.