FRANKFURT – It’s been seen on concept cars before, but the radical center console on Volvo Cars’ all-new S40 is a genuine automotive first, at least among production models. This is much to the envy and sneaking admiration of rivals, who’ve been developing the same idea for years. What Volvo’s done is use modern wiring techniques to remove the bulky bits that normally occupy the area behind the center-console “stack.” By moving the guts of the sound system elsewhere, Volvo ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volvo Trumps World with New S40 Interior" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.