VIENNA – A second shift is under way this week at the OOO Volkswagen Group Rus plant in Kaluga, Russia, which assembles the Skoda Fabia and Octavia and VW Polo sedan and Tiguan cross/utility vehicle from complete-knocked-down kits. Both Skoda cars and the VW Tiguan are classic CKD assembly operation using kits sourced from the Czech Republic and Germany, while the Polo sedan has a significantly higher local content. India is the only other production source for the Polo sedan, where it is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Adds Second Shift at Russian Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.