NEW YORK – Chrysler Group confirms it is in talks with Volkswagen AG about the possibility of producing a small car together for international markets. But it is unclear whether VW would have the cost base necessary for the program, which Chrysler is targeting at retail prices below $10,000 in the U.S. and €10,000 ($12,315) in Europe. The two auto makers already are collaborating on minivan production, with VW set to get a version of Chrysler’s next-generation entry in 2008, and a tie-up ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Among Candidates to Partner on Chrysler B-Car" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.