Volkswagen of America, Inc. plans to sell its luxury Phaeton in the U.S. at a starting price of $64,600 for the 4.3L V-8, while the top-of-the-line W-12-powered model will base at $79,900. The auto maker hopes to sell between 2,500 and 3,000 Phaetons in the U.S. during calendar year 2004. The base Phaeton will feature the 4.2L V-8, which produces 355 hp at 6,500 rpm. All Phaetons come standard with VW’s 4MOTION all-wheel-drive system, as well as an air-suspension system with electronic ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Announces U.S. Phaeton Prices" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.