VIENNA – Volkswagen Group Rus is taking over distribution of the SEAT brand in Russia. Until now, SEAT was VW’s only volume brand not sold via the auto maker’s Russian subsidiary. Distribution has been handled by an independent Polish importer. Only 1,037 SEAT cars were sold in Russia through September, up 56.4% from like-2010. VW’s Spanish subsidiary ranks No.46 in sales in the country, and the brand’s market share is a minuscule 0.05%. During the same period, Volkswagen Group sold ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Assumes Distribution of SEAT Brand in Russia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.