Volkswagen AG says it now plans to spend €33.3 billion ($33.4 billion) on new products and improved production technologies over the next five years, as it looks to boost annual worldwide sales to 6 million vehicles by 2007. The auto maker says it will invest 67% of the total in production facilities and vehicles produced at its German plants. The total investment is slightly higher than the amount approved by the board in the spring and marks a concrete commitment by the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Boosts Investment Targets" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.